Help Documentation: Features Overview
From Glyph Collaborative Publishing System Wiki
Contributors are the people who are involved in the management and editing of the Website. Different people have different areas of expertise and different areas of responsibility.
- Create a Contributor
- Find/View Contributors' Details
- Edit a Contributor's Information
- Edit a Contributor's Areas of Responsibility and Roles
- Send a Message to a Contributor
- Remove a Contributor
To keep you working efficiently, Glyph organizes the information that is most important to you in a special place under the Home tab in the main Glyph Bar.
- Logging in and Logging out from Glyph
- Maintaining your account information
- Resetting my Password
- Viewing recent Glyph activity (recently added pages, images, etc.)
- Viewing your active unpublished Page Drafts
- Creating/Viewing your reminders
- Creating a message to send to another Glyph Contributor
- Viewing message sent to you by another Glyph Contributor
Fixed Page Features
Fixed Pages are the building blocks of the site and the containers for the site's content.
- Create a New Fixed Page
- Remove a Fixed Page
- Edit a Fixed Page's Content
- View/Edit information about a Fixed Page
- See who created and/or edited a Fixed Page
- Rollback or Undo Draft Changes
- Publish a Fixed Page Draft
- Share a Fixed Page Draft
- Find/View Fixed Pages
Free Page Features
Free Pages are containers for content that can be placed inside of other (Fixed) pages. Free Pages are great for anything that has timely importance, is supporting information to a Fixed Page, or has usefulness in different areas of the site.
- Create a New Free Page
- Remove a Free Page
- Edit a Free Page's Content
- View/Edit information about a Free Page
- Schedule the auto-live and auto-archive dates for a Free Page (v3.0)
- Publish a Free Page Draft
- Share a Page Draft
- Find/View Free Pages
Content is the text and images that make up Fixed and Free Pages. Content is added to pages through the use of Content Modules. Different Content Modules allow the creation of different kinds of content.
- Adding text (with optional embedded images) to a page.
- Adding Info Tokens (Dynamic text) to a Page (text that updates automatically as the information changes)
- Adding a link to a page
- Adding an E-mail link to a page
- Adding an Image (with optional title and caption) to a page.
- Adding a Slideshow or Photo Album to a page.
- Adding a Menu or List of Links to a page.
- Adding a Promotional Graphic or Interactive (Flash) Element to a page.
- Adding a Portal to a Custom Web Application to a page.
- Reorganizing the Content Modules on a page
- Deleting Content Modules from a page
Note that Content Modules specific to your organization can be found from your Glyph Wiki Homepage.
Media Library, Promotions Library, and Token Library
Glyph has several libraries of elements that are available for creating content. Libraries are central repositories of elements that are shared between all Glyph contributors.
- Adding an Image to the Media Library
- Editing an Image's details in the Media Library
- Cropping an Image in the Media Library
- Adding a Downloadable File (PDF, DOC) to the Media Library
- Editing a Downloadable File's details in the Media Library
- Adding an Audio Clip to the Media Library (v2.5)
- Editing an Audio Clip's details in the Media Library (v2.5)
- Adding a Video Clip to the Media Library (v2.5)
- Editing a Video Clip's details in the Media Library (v2.5)
- Adding a Promotion to the Promotions Library
- Editing a Promotion's details in the Promotions Library
- Adding an Info Token (Dynamic Text) to the Token Manager (v3.0)
- Editing an Info Token's details in the Token Manager (v3.0)
- Deleting an Image, Download, Audio, or Video File from the Media Library
Workflow and Approvals
Glyph has some Workflow features that allow sharing and approvals of edits before making the public.
- Making a Page Draft Public
- Requiring Approval before making a Page Draft Public
- Submitting a Page Draft for Approval
- Sharing Page Drafts with other Contributors
- Viewing Page Draft History and Change Logs
Social Media Features
This information is coming soon.